Pages

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Welcome to SLC Swimmers

My name is Ellen. I've been teaching swimming lessons at a couple of Salt Lake County pools for the last three years. I started teaching lessons in 1998, as a summer job during high school. The nice thing about this job is that it was easy to keep doing it part time as I went through college, did internships, and looked for a "real" job. The result is 12 year of experience at facilities in Wisconsin and Utah, teaching Red Cross and YMCA lessons. In January of 2010, I became a Red Cross Water Safety Instructor Trainer, which means I now teach new instructors how to teach swimming lessons. I am not an official Red Cross spokesperson. This blog is an attempt to give information to people who are interested in or have questions about swimming lessons in general, and Red Cross programs in the county parks system in the valley. Feel free to ask questions, suggest topics or tell me I'm wrong...I'm always willing to learn new techniques and philosophy!

Happy Swimming

No comments: